Parish of Holy Cross, St Matthew and St Gilbert, Eccles
As of 30th June 2014, population of the parish of Holy Cross, St Matthew and St Gilbert, Eccles was estimated at 22k. This was 1.8% higher than 2011 estimate and 0.8% higher than 2001 estimate.
In 2011 Christians made up 66.8% of the population, Muslims - 2% and population declaring 'no religion' accounted for 24.1%. Between 2001 and 2011, Christian population decreased by 2.6k, while group declaring Muslim belief increased by 0.2k and population declaring 'no religion' rose by 2.7k.
Please note if the change is less than 50 individuals or 0.1% it will be shown as zero.
The chart below shows the age profile of the parish population.
Table 1: Age distribution, 2011
|Under 7||8 to 17||18 to 35||36 to 64||65 and over|
Households and families
The total number of households in the parish is estimated at 10k, of which 36% do not have access to the car. Of all households, 59% are occupied by a family and 35% are one person households. About 6% of households falls into 'other' category, including student and shared households.
The chart and table below give detail of declared marital status for the population of all usual residents aged over 16 (17k).
Of the households occupied by a single family, 41% are married couples, 21% are cohabiting and 28% are lone parents. Overall, 49% of families have dependant children. Families with all members aged over 65 made up 9% of all families.
Economic activity & Occupation
Of the working age population (aged between 16 and 74) in the parish, 60% of resident declared their main economic activity as working, 7% as being a student and 12% as being retired.
|Working age population||Working||Unemployed||Student||Retired||Other|
It is estimated that in 2011, 62% of working age population was in employment. This includes, for example, full-time students having weekend job, although their main economic activity is not classed as 'Working'. The table below gives the details of the occupation, based on the job title of job in which they worked most hours in the week before the Census.
Table 4: Occupation, 2011
|Professional / Management||20%|
|Leisure and services||36%|
Output Area Classification
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) developed classification of output areas, based on Census 2011 data and aiming to place each Output Area in the UK into one of eight super-groups, characterising socio-economic make-up of each area. The table below shows the proprtion of parish population living in each of the groups. The descriptions of the groups are available from ONS website.
Table 5: Output Area Classification, 2011
|Constrained City Dwellers||25%|
|Hard Pressed Living||42%|